Athena Insurance specializes in technology insurance for businesses including self-employed individuals and IT Consultants working from home. We understand the risks you face, that’s why we offer technology insurance that is customized to your specific needs. We cover a wide range business…
- IT Consultants
- Application Service Providers
- Database Administrators/designers
- Computer Consultants
- Hardware Installation experts
- Integration Specialists
- IT Project Managers
- Online Security Specialists
- Software Developers
- Systems Designers
- Website Developers
Professional liability insurance, (errors and omissions insurance) protects your business if there’s ever a discrepancy between the services you provide and your client’s expectations. Understanding the specific risks you face as an IT business, we can customize this insurance by adding $200,000 of software copyright infringement coverage to most of our IT Insurance policies.
Why do you need professional liability insurance?
Professional liability insurance, also called Errors and Omissions insurance (E&O), protects your business if you are sued for negligently performing your services, even if you haven’t made a mistake.
You should seriously consider this coverage if your business :
- provides a professional service.
- regularly gives advice to clients.
- is requested by a client to have professional liability insurance to complete a contract.
Additional coverage benefits*:
-Flexible payment options: With many of our carriers we offer the option of monthly payments (some with no fees!) to help you manage your cash flow.
-Work done by temporary staff: Some of our professional liability insurance covers work done by your employees, temporary staff and independent contractors.
-Past work covered: Some of our companies cover unknown claims arising from work completed before you were even insured with us, back to an agreed date.
-Worldwide coverage: We protect you from work done by your business anywhere in the world, as long as the covered claim is filed in the United States, a U.S. territory or Canada. (conditions apply)
-Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, we will immediately defend you even if the claim has no basis and, if necessary, appointment and attorney. (if you qualify)
General Liability Insurance
What is business General Liability Insurance?
General liability insurance protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Bodily injury :A client falls over your bag and you are legally liable for the injury. We will cover the subsequent claim and related medical expenses up to your General Liability policy’s limits of liability.
- Property damage and data loss : You spill coffee on a client’s server causing damage and loss of data. We will cover the subsequent claim up to your General Liability policy’s limits of liability.
- Personal injury : One of your employees is at lunch. He talks to the owner of the shop about one of your clients in a false and unflattering way. The client learns of this discussion and sues for slander. We will cover the subsequent claim, up to your General Liability policy’s limits of liability, and pay for an attorney to defend you if necessary.
Get Liability Insurance that best meets your needs.
General liability insurance will not protect you from everything. For example General liability will not cover you against claims of negligence, even if it isn’t you or your business’ fault. Some people buy other business liability insurance along with general liability
- Professional liability insurance, also known as E&O Insurance, is coverage for another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services.
- Business Owners Policy (BOP) is enhanced insurance that combines general liability insurance and property insurance.
Why do you need General Liability Insurance?
You should consider general liability insurance coverage, also called commercial general liability insurance, if you or your employees:
- Interact with clients face to face – If you visit a client’s place of work, or clients visit yours
- Have access to a client’s equipment – For example, IT professionals should be covered against potential claims with IT business liability insurance
- Represent your client’s business
- Use third-party locations for any business related activities – For example, architects should make sure that they’re covered with architects business liability insurance
- Are required to have general liability insurance before entering into a contract
Business Owner Insurance (BOP)
Many small business owners mistakenly believe that if they have general liability insurance, their own losses are covered as well as the losses of their customers. But a general liability policy does not protect you when it comes to your OWN property. If you want to protect your own property consider buying Business Owners Policy (BOP).
Business Owners Policy (BOP) is enhanced insurance that combines general liability insurance and property insurance.
Business Owners Policy (BOP) covers:
- General liability insurance which protects your business from another person or business’ claims of bodily Injury, associated medical costs and damage to their property.
- Property Liability Insurance – your business furniture and equipment at up to five different office locations, which includes accidental damage.
You should consider a business owners policy if you
- Need general liability insurance coverage.
- Have business equipment such as computers, printers and furniture.
- Own the building at which you work and need to insure the property.
- Own and work with large amounts of data on a regular basis.
- Have employees who could act dishonestly or steal clients’ property.
Customize your Business Owner Policy (BOP)
Depending upon the specific needs of your business, you can customize your BOP policy by choosing options such as:
- Office insurance for fire and business interruption.
- Electronic data loss insurance.
- Hired or non-owned vehicle liability insurance.
- Commercial Crime insurance to cover the dishonesty of your employees.
What Business Owners Policy (BOP) does NOT Cover
Business Owners Insurance does not protect you from Professional Services. For example
- Certain claims, including those arising from professional services you perform.
- Client damages if you provide inaccurate or incomplete advice to a client.
To get professional services you can choose to buy a Professional Liability insurance policy in addition to Business Owners Policy.
* Subject terms and conditions, coverage type and forms can vary depending on the ultimate quote you receive by each carrier and State by State. You may or may not qualify for all options listed. Your agent at Athena Insurance and Financial Services will review your quote with you in detail. We will be delighted to assist you. This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.