ONLY FOR EXISTING CLIENTS OF ATHENA INSURANCE AND FINANCIAL SERVICES
Types of Certificate Requests
- Certificate only
- Additional Inured Certificate (Named Additional Insured)
- Certificate Holder Name (not Additional Insured)
As a reminder to our Contractors and others, there are “best practices” that you “must” adhere to in order to prevent problems with your certificate requests.
- You must ask for an “additional insured” certificate within 30 of your project or we may not be able to issue one.
You should allow us to review your certificate request “in writing” before you sign a contract. If you are not 100% sure of what the requestor’s requirements are send them to us for review.
Why? The short answer is.. “we may not be able to comply” with their request. Here are some points for discussion with your agent:
- Your current carrier will not alter it’s endorsements, change it contract or allow that kind of warranty
- The “cost” to add certain endorsements are too expensive to make the job worth while (had you known) For example, many of the Artisan Contractors do not want to, or need, endorsements such as Waiver of Subrogation or Primary wording. These two endorsements added to a policy during the “policy term” could make the job not worth it.
- Liability Limit requirements
- Surety / Bond requirements
- Commercial Auto requirements